It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 3 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: their first divisional matchup against Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Cam Goes Off - Cam Newton has at least 300 passing yards. (Sig)
- Thomas Bounces Back - Michael Thomas finishes with 155 yards and 2 TDs. (Bob)
- Season Bests - The Saints put up 24 points of offense and hold the Panthers to under 20. (Hendrix)
- Ginn Revenge - Tedd Ginn scores a TD. (Rev)
- That’s His Boy - Christian McCaffrey scores twice, but finishes with fewer rushing yards than Alvin Kamara. (Sig)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Michael Thomas’s receiving yards are greater than or equal to half of Cam Newton’s passing yards for the game.
- Mark Ingram finishes with at least 50 rushing yards and a score.
- The Saints get their first and second turnovers of the season.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?