SB Nation is wrapping up a mini-series focusing on the Super Bowl, as the football division has talked about their favorite moment from the big game and the best place to watch it previously. However, it wouldn’t be complete without good food. For me, the quick and easy finger foods are usually the best hits, and I’d personally recommend making a Buffalo Chicken Dip for Sunday.
This base recipe from Delish will get you in business, but like any good cook, there’s some tweaks to make.
1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar, divided
1/4 c. buffalo sauce
1 tbsp. ranch dressing
Few dashes hot sauce
For the visual crowd:
Easier and Tastier Buffalo Chicken Dip (Serves 12-15)
- 2-3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken OR use 3-4 cans of 12.5 oz chunk chicken breast in water
- 16 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup of favorite Buffalo Wing sauce (Frank’s gets my personal recommendation, and if you like it spicier - then add more!)
- 2-3 tbsp of ranch dressing or 1 Hidden Valley ranch packet
- 8 oz of your favorite shredded cheese (Colby and Monterey Jack works great)
How to Make
- Prep oven to 350 degrees
- Place cream cheese in microwaveable dish, preferably a Pyrex dish that can also be used in stove. Microwave in 10-15 second intervals until softened to stir.
- Add in your sauce, chicken, half the cheese, and ranch, stir.
- Bake for 20 minutes, add the rest of your cheese on top, and then bake for another 5-10 minutes until it’s warm and bubbly.
Pita chips are probably the best things to eat with this dip, but you can also use Fritos Scoops, thick tortilla chips, crackers, or celery sticks for the more health-conscious.
What’s your favorite Super Bowl recipe? Drop them below!