It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the first round of the NFL postseason, seeing the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints face off for the third time this season. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Payton Plays Tricks - Alvin Kamara throws a TD pass. (Bob)
- Lutz Drills It - Will Lutz goes 5-for-5 in FGs, including the game-winner. (Ellias)
- Dynamic Duo - Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara combine for more rushing yards than they posted in two regular season games against the Panthers (238). (Sig)
- More of the Same - Cam Newton gets picked off three times. (Hendrix)
- Wouldn’t it be nice... - Saints win by at least 21 points. (JR)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Cam Newton is held to under 150 yards passing.
- Drew Brees isn’t sacked the entire game.
- Willie Snead scores a touchdown.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?