The Saints take on the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football this week. This will be the 27th meeting between the two teams. The Redskins currently have the bragging rights, leading the series 17-9, but the Saints did win the last game in 2017 with a big comeback in the 4th quarter.
As far as connections between the two teams, there are plenty — and here we highlight some of the more noticeable ones.
- Washington RB Robert Kelley both played for New Orleans Senior Offensive Assistant/Wide Receivers Curtis Johnson at Tulane University, when Johnson served as head coach of the Green Wave.
- Washington G Tony Bergstrom and DT Stacy McGee played for New Orleans Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen with the Oakland Raiders when he served as head coach.
- Washington RB Adrian Peterson played for New Orleans in 2017. Peterson was also teammates in Minnesota with QB Teddy Bridgewater and FB Zach Line.
- New Orleans DT Sheldon Rankins and Washington T Christian Geron Sr. and LB Josh Harvey-Clemons were college teammates at Louisville.
- New Orleans S Kurt Coleman, WR Ted Ginn Jr. and LB A.J. Klein played with Washington CB Josh Norman in Carolina.
- New Orleans G Josh LeRibeus was a third round draft pick of Wash- ington in 2012 out of Southern Methodist and spent his first four NFL seasons with the club, appearing in 28 regular season games with 12 starts along the offensive line and appearing in two more postseason contests.
- New Orleans offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael served as a quality control coach in Washington in 2001.
- Saints Special Teams Coordinator Bradford Banta served as Washington’s assistant special teams coach from 2014-16.
- New Orleans Head Coach Sean Payton tutored Hilliard when he served as offensive coordinator of the New York Giants from 1999- 2002. Payton and Washington Assistant Head Coach/ Offensive Line Bill Callahan served on the same Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff from 1997-98.