It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 13 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a Thursday night showdown against “America’s Team,” the Dallas Cowboys. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Big D - Saints defense forces four turnovers. (Bob)
- Zeke Who? - Alvin Kamara finishes with more rushing yards than Ezekiel Elliott. (Butler)
- Dallas “O” Underwhelms - Dallas offense is held to under 300 total yards. (Don)
- UDFA Steps Up - Keith Kirkwood finishes with 100+ receiving yards and a TD. (Bob)
- Streak is Broken - Saints end Dallas’s streak of 17 games without allowing an opponent 30+ points. (Chad)
- So is Another - Saints break the first-down record against Dallas. Again. (Conner)
- Celebrate Good Times - Saints defense records a sack fumble, and then takes the group photo on the star. (Brian)
- X Gon Give it to Ya - Saints defense throws up the “X” after a turnover in honor of Dez Bryant. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Ezekiel Elliott is held to under 100 total yards.
- Michael Thomas catches two TDs.
- Taysom Hill throws for a TD.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?