It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 3 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: facing the divisional rival Atlanta Falcons on the road. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Turnovers Galore - Saints pick off the Falcons three times, with PJ Williams grabbing his first INT of the season. (Bryan)
- Is this really bold? - Michael Thomas has over 100 receiving yards in the game. (Ellias)
- Big Day for the Defense - Saints defense holds Atlanta to under 350 total yards. (Hendrix)
- Showing his Worth - Marcus Davenport records his first sack of the year. (Don)
- VERY Bold - Taysom Hill scores more touchdowns in the game than Tevin Coleman. (Rev)
- DROY Bounces Back - Marshon Lattimore takes an interception to the house. (Bob)
- Tough Day for Ryan - Saints sack Matt Ryan four times in the game. (Hendrix)
- Rookie Comes Up Big - Tre’Quan Smith has 80 receiving yards and a touchdown. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Tre’Quan Smith has more receiving yards than Calvin Ridley.
- Drew Brees isn’t sacked the entire game.
- Falcons are kept to less than 50 yards on the ground.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?