It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 4 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: on the road against Eli Manning and the New York football Giants. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Sophomore Bounce Back - Marcus Williams gets a pick-six. (Tee)
- CThe Other Cam - Cameron Meredith has 125+ receiving yards and 2 TDs. (Brian)
- Big Day for the Defense - Saints defense recovers two fumbles. (Ellias)
- Defensive Line too - Saints defense sacks Eli 6 times. (Alex)
- Change of Strategy - Marshon Lattimore shadows Sterling Shepard all game. (Chad)
- Can’t Guard Mike - Michael Thomas scores 3 TDs. (Butler)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Saquon Barkely finishes with twice as many rushing yards as the entire Saints team in a Giants loss.
- Taysom Hill returns a kickoff for a touchdown.
- Drew Brees passes for less than 250 yards.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?