It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the 2018 regular season for the New Orleans Saints. This is their chance to look brilliant! (or to make Stu’s list...)
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- What sophomore slump? - Alvin Kamara has 1,000+ yards rushing and 1,000+ yards receiving. (Bob)
- Mark who? - Boston Scott will be the New Orleans Saints second leading rusher. (Don)
- Age is just a number - Ben Watson finishes 2018 with more receiving yards than Jimmy Graham (Wallace)
- Hawaii Time - The Saints send 10 different players to the Pro Bowl. (Bob)
- Deuce still the GOAT - Mark Ingram does not break Deuce McAllister’s rushing record. Ever. (John)
- Then who? - Michael Thomas does not lead the team in receiving TDs. (Bryan)
- A nice change - Saints defense is top 10 in 3rd down stops. (Alex)
- Makes the price worth it - Marcus Davenport finishes 2018 with 8+ sacks. (Bryan)
- Makes the Minnesota Miracle worth it - The Saints put it to Falcons fans even more, winning the Super Bowl in Atlanta.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- After falling outside of the top 10 in 2017, Drew Brees leads the NFL in passing TDs in 2018.
- Alvin Kamara finishes with less than 1,400 total offensive yards.
- Taysom Hill completes a pass, catches a pass, and rushes for a TD in 2018.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the season. What are yours? What do you think of ours?