It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 1 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: the divisional match-up at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- That’s Good - New Orleans Saints defense pitches a shutout to the Bucs offense. (Ellias)
- But That’s Not - ...But Drew Brees throws a pick-six in the game. (Ellias)
- Little Man, Big Play - Tommylee Lewis returns the opening kickoff for a score. (Chris)
- No Sophomore Slump Yet - Alvin Kamara has over 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in the game. (Hendrix)
- But Who? - A running back not named “Kamara” finishes with two rushing touchdowns for the Saints. (Chris)
- In a blowout... - Taysom Hill sees time at QB for the Saints. (Chad)
- VERY bold - Teddy Bridgewater plays at least one offensive snap at QB for the Saints. (Ben)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Drew Brees throws for 3 TDs and 0 interceptions.
- Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara combine for more total yards of offense than the entire Buccaneers team.
- The Saints successfully convert a 2-point conversion.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?