It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the New Orleans Saints’ second playoff game of 2019: a divisional the NFC Championship against the Los Angeles Rams down in New Orleans. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Brees goes off - Home Drew Brees shows up, passing for 330 yards in the game. (Bob)
- WR3 - Tre’Quan Smith finishes with 70+ receiving yards and a TD. (Chase)
- Sack City - Saints defense sacks Jared Goff four times. (Bob)
- Two First Round Picks - Marcus Davenport has two sacks of his own. (Butler)
- Doesn’t seem bold... - Alvin Kamara finishes with 10+ receptions. (Chase)
- THAT seems bold - Saints win by 20. (Conner)
- Repeat of Week 9 - Saints pick off Jared Goff twice in the game. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Ted Ginn Jr leads the team in receiving yards.
- Taysom Hill completes a pass.
- Taysom Hill catches a pass.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?