“But there’s nothing like sampling a little gumbo, a little jambalaya and then diving face-first into a shrimp boil.” - Chris Low, ESPN.com.
Hello folks and welcome to this new Saturday feature: a tasty mix of news and stories related to the Saints’ upcoming game. Like a good gumbo, it is full of all sorts of awesome ingredients and I will even occasionally add the slightly odd piece of news in the stew. Let’s dive in face-first!
Crescent City Gumbo
- Interview with the Enemy: Chris Dunnells spoke with Jeff Berckes of our Chicago SB Nation counterpart Windy City Gridiron to dissect tomorrow’s Saints-Bears game.
- Saints Offense vs. Bears Defense: Bob Rose examines the matchup between Teddy Bridgewater and his crew against Khalil Mack and the Bears talented defense.
- Brace For Another Defensive Battle: John DeShazier of NewOrleansSaints.com believes that the Saints could be in for another low-scoring affair in Chicago.
- Where do the Saints Go without Kamara and Cook?: Amy Just of NOLA.com tackles the question.
- Ryan Ramczyk: From Convenience Store Clerk to NFL All-Pro. Luke Johnson of NOLA.com has an awesome piece about the Saints’ outstanding right tackle.
- Saints Pass Rushing Legends Gush About Cam Jordan: John DeShazier of NewOrleansSaints.com talks to Rickey Jackson, Pat Swilling and Wayne Martin about the excellence of Saints’ defensive end Cameron Jordan.
- Trust is Powering the Saints Defense: Steve Geller of WWL.com talks about the what has the Saints’ defense balling out in the past four games.
- Bridgewater Could Enhance Free Agent Resume in Chicago: Mike Triplett of ESPN.com believes that a good performance in Chicago would bolster the Saints’ backup free agency prospects.
- Another Missing Piece: In case you missed it, Saints nickel cornerback P.J. Williams will miss the next two games due to his offseason DWI arrest. Mike Triplett of ESPN.com has the details.
A Taste from the Other Side
- Bears Offense Needs to Find an Identity vs. Saints: Erik Duerrwaechter of windycitygridiron.com explains how Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears offense could have success vs. the Saints’ underrated defense.
- Three Keys to Beating the Saints: Robert Zeglinski of windycitygridiron.com sees three keys for a Bears victory tomorrow.
- What to Watch For: Mark Potash of the Chicago Sun Times talks about key matchups in the Saints-Bears contest.
- Trubisky Looking to Regain Mental Edge: Mark Potash of the Chicago Sun Times talks about the Bears quarterback looking to regain confidence coming off his shoulder injury.
- Bears May Not Be Sold on Trubisky: Jason Lieser of the Chicago Sun Times explains why the Bears need to find out quickly whether Mitchell Trubisky is “The Guy.”
- Four to Watch: Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com sees four big storylines in the Saints-Bears game.
- The Saints are a Mystical Opponent: In this very cool Comic Strip from ChicagoBears.com, the mystical Superhero Saints is about to take on the powerful Monsters of the Midway.
- Former Saint Akiem Hicks on IR: The Bears too have a crucial player out for this game. Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com addresses who could replace Akiem Hicks on the Bears’ defensive line.
- Bears Offense Has Been Struggling: Jeff Dickerson of ESPN.com details the struggles of the Bears offense under the tutelage of head coach Matt Nagy.
- Everyone Sitting Around You at a Restaurant Could be a Spy: Nina Martyris of npr.org talks to ex-CIA operatives who reveal that eateries are key places for spycraft. Bon appetit!
How will the Saints fare in Chicago tomorrow?
This poll is closed
They will win another close one! We Dat!
They’ll lose a close one, unfortunately
They will win handily, Raiders showed the blueprint!
Alas, they will get blown out without Kamara
Tomorrow’s burger is the Triple Bacon Burger with Cheddar. What was the question?