It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 5 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: their first divisional matchup of 2019, hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Teddy Time - Teddy Bridgewater has two touchdown passes each over 40 yards. (Bob)
- Famous Jameis - Jameis Winston fails to complete the game at quarterback for the Bucs. (Butler)
- Offensive Explosion - The Saints put up 40 points against the Tampa defense. (Hendrix)
- About Time - Latavius Murray and Jared Cook each score a touchdown and have their best game as a Saint so far. (Conner)
- INT not FR - Vonn Bell gets his first career interception. (Bob)
- Drew Who? - Teddy Bridgewater throws for 300+ yards with 3+ touchdowns. (Hendrix)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Michael Thomas has over 100 receiving yards and a touchdown.
- Taysom Hill throws a touchdown pass.
- Saints defense forces three turnovers.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?