“But there’s nothing like sampling a little gumbo, a little jambalaya and then diving face-first into a shrimp boil.” - Chris Low, ESPN.com.
Hello folks and welcome to a tasty mix of news and stories related to the Saints’ upcoming game. Like a good gumbo, it is full of all sorts of awesome ingredients and I will even occasionally add the slightly odd piece of news in the stew. Let’s dive in face-first!
Crescent City Gumbo
- Five Key Factors in Saints-Bucs Matchup. John DeShazier of neworleanssaints.com details key factors that could play a big role in tomorrow’s Saints-Bucs game.
- Saints Seeking to Rediscover Winning Ways. Following their disappointing loss to the Falcons, Drew Brees and the Saints look to get their mojo back in Tampa. Via neworleanssaints.com.
- Michael Thomas’ Teammates Saw Greatness Coming. Thomas’ teammates at Ohio State knew he would be a superstar at the next level. By John DeShazier of neworleanssaints.com.
- Saints’ Secondary Looking to Step Up Without Lattimore. With number one cornerback Marshon Lattimore sidelined with a hamstring injury, Saints’ secondary is looking to contain Buccaneers high-powered offense.
- Focusing on Fundamentals. After penalty-fest against the Falcons (12 penalties, 90 yards), Saints focusing on fundamentals ahead of Bucs game. By Amie Just of nola.com.
- It’s Not Going to Taste Good Going Down. Saints swallowed a bitter pill after Falcons’ loss, working to fix their mistakes. By Luke Johnson of nola.com.
- New Punt Returner? With Deonte Harris out tomorrow in Tampa, who will be the Saints’ punt returner? Amie Just of nola.com has a few potential candidates.
- Saints’ Offense Needs Major Bounce Back. For the second time this season, the Saints were kept without a touchdown in a 26-9 loss against the Falcons. By Kevin Patra of NFL.com.
- Three Division Games in 12 Days. That is the challenge facing the Saints if they accept it. They play the Bucs tomorrow, the Panthers next Sunday, followed by a Thanksgiving rematch with the Falcons in Atlanta. By Mike Triplett of ESPN.com.
A Taste From the Other Side
- Five Bucs to Watch. Carmen Vitali of buccaneers.com highlights five Bucs players who could play a pivotal role against the Saints.
- Mike Evans Relishing Saints’ Matchup. The Bucs prolific wide receiver has his eyes set on breaking another Tampa Bay receiving record ahead of Saints’ game. By Scott Smith of buccaneers.com.
- Bend But Don’t Break. Buccaneers rookie defensive backs improving ahead of Saints game. by Carmen Vitali of buccaneers.com.
- Devin White Starting to Flourish. The rookie linebacker and former LSU Tiger is quickly becoming the tone-setter in Tampa Bay’s defense. By Jenna Laine of ESPN.com.
- Nobody Goes to the Bucs’ Games. Tampa Bay is the third-lowest NFL team in attendance. The reasons? Expensive tickets and a non-competitive team. By Eduardo Encina of the Tampa Bay Times.
- The Enigmatic Jameis Winston. The Bucs have won only 24 games out of the 63 starts made by Jameis Winston. By Thomas Bassinger of the Tampa Bay Times.
- The Underrated Lavonte David. The Buccaneers’ linebacker has been a star flying under the radar in Tampa Bay. By John Romano of the Tampa Bay Times.
- Who Ya Got? The Tampa Bay Times staff picks Saints-Bucs winner.
- Who Dat Vodka Anyone? Since yesterday, a Who Dat Vodka is now available for sale. It is 80 proof and you might want to stock up if the Saints have another clunker. Via nola.com.
Will the Saints win in Tampa Bay tomorrow?
This poll is closed
The Bacon Swiss Cheese Burger is always a winner!