“But there’s nothing like sampling a little gumbo, a little jambalaya and then diving face-first into a shrimp boil.” - Chris Low, ESPN.com.
Hello folks and welcome to a tasty mix of news and stories related to the Saints’ upcoming game. Like a good gumbo, it is full of all sorts of awesome ingredients and I will even occasionally add the slightly odd piece of news in the stew. Let’s dive in face-first!
Crescent City Gumbo
- Saints Expect a Challenge from Falcons: John DeShazier of neworleanssaints.com talks about the Saints’ defense an their “business as usual” approach vs. the Falcons.
- Alvin Kamara: ‘I feel good...I’m Ready to Play.” The Saints’ versatile running back is ready to return to action tomorrow against Atlanta. Via neworleanssaints.com.
- Brees, Saints hope to pick up where they left off before the bye: Saints have won 6-0 and are hoping to keep the “Who Dat Train” rolling. Via neworleanssaints.com.
- Atlanta’s Defense Struggling Coming Into Saints Game: While its attack is potent, the Falcons’ defense has been the weakest link in Atlanta. Via neworleanssaints.com.
- Turnovers and Explosive Plays: Two key areas the Saints want to improve in, as they embark on the second half of the season journey. By Amy Just of nola.com.
- 100 games of Saints-Falcons Rivalry: Sunday’s game will the 101st between the two teams in a rivalry that has featured some unforgettable moments. By Rod Walker of nola.com.
- Saints Fan in Atlanta Are Having A Ball: With the Saints rolling and the Falcons struggling, living in Atlanta as a Saints’ fan is fun these days. By Kim Chatelain of nola.com.
- Saints’ Michael Thomas Needs Help: New Orleans’ wide receiver is elite, but Mike Triplett of ESPN.com believes the Saints need to rely on more than just Thomas in their receiving corps.
- Alvin Kamara Willing to Share Running Load: Returning from a two-game absence, the Saints’ starting running back says there is no jealousy towards Latavius Murray’s success. via ESPN.com.
- Dennis Allen’s Star Shining Again: With the Saints’ defensive turnaround of the past two-plus years, Jim Trotter of NFL.com talks about Allen’s stock rising again after tough stint in Oakland.
A Taste From the Other Side
- How the Falcons Can Beat the Saints: Matt Tabeek of atlantafalcons.com answers questions on the Falcons-Saints matchup.
- Falcons RB Ito Smith Going to IR: Atlanta placed its backup running back Ito Smith on IR ahead of the Saints’ tilt. Devonta Freeman will be backed up by Brian Hill. Via atlantafalcons.com.
- A Look At Falcons’ New Kicker Younghoe Koo: Atlanta released longtime kicker Matt Bryant who had been struggling this season. Via atlantafalcons.com.
- Alex Mack Looking to Help Right the Falcons Ship: Atlanta’s Pro-Bowl center is looking to help his team get back on track. By Matt Winkeljohn of ajc.com.
- Remember This?: Back in April, the Falcons released a video mocking the Saints’ NFC Championship game no call against the Rams. Will it come back to haunt them? via ajc.com.
- Julio Jones Not Phased by Coaching Change: The Falcons’ number one wide receiver is welcoming the switch from Raheem Morris to Dave Brock as Atlanta shuffles assistant coaches.
- Big Test for Falcons Secondary: D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution talks about the challenges the Falcons’ secondary faces against Drew Brees. Via ajc.com.
- Three Key Falcons-Saints Matchups: Here are three one-on-one matchups that will play a big role in determining the winner of the Saints-Falcons game. Via ajc.com.
- Matt Ryan Focused on Saints: The Falcons’ quarterback will return from injury to face the Saints tomorrow. Via ajc.com.
- New York Woman Taunts Lion, Gets Arrested: A New York woman got into a lion’s enclosure at the Bronx Zoo in a daring stunt that went viral.