Welcome back to a new series piece for 2019. Before each game, I’ll point out the five questions I have for the team that I’ll be looking out for in the upcoming game.
In Week 15, the New Orleans Saints are playing the Indianapolis Colts in a Monday Night Football showdown. Here are the biggest questions I have for the team:
- Can the Saints defensive line hold up? Down Marcus Davenport and Sheldon Rankins, can the Saints defensive line still stand strong?
- Does Drew Brees break another record in primetime? Drew broke Peyton Manning’s all-time yardage record last year on Monday Night Football, and he’s three touchdown passes away from breaking Peyton’s all-time touchdown record. Can he make it happen under the lights?
- Will Jared Cook play? Jared Cook left with a concussion last week against the San Francisco 49ers, so his playing status this week is up in the air to say the least. Conventional wisdom says you sit him this week to be healthy next week, but every win is important right now as the Saints look to try to get a first round bye.
- Do the linebackers come back? The defense struggled last week, in no small part due to issues with the secondary. Hopefully the return of linebackers Kiko Alonso and AJ Klein help the issues with the secondary.
- Can Alvin Kamara turn things around? To put things mildly, Alvin Kamara simply hasn’t looked like Alvin Kamara since returning from injury. He’s lost his explosiveness and evasiveness in the open field. If the Saints want to make a run of things this postseason, they will need Kamara to look more Kamara-like.
So those are the things I’m looking at in the game. What about you? What are you looking at specifically in this game? Something different? Tell me in the comments. Send me presents.