It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 15 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a Monday Night Football showdown against the Indianapolis Colts.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Record Breaking - Drew Brees has three touchdown passes before halftime. (Bob)
- Prime Time Drew - Brees passes for over 400 yards for the first time in 2019. (Butler)
- Big D - Saints defense records three turnovers, with one returned for a touchdown. (Chad)
- Harris Show - Deonte Harris scores on a return and through the air. (Conner)
- L-Train - Latavius Murray has over 120 rushing yards. (Bob)
- Big D, pt. 2 - Saints defense holds the Colts to under 200 yards of offense. (Chad)
- TOO Bold - Eli Apple has two interceptions. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- In honor of Super Bowl XLIV, the final score is 31-17.
- Drew’s record-breaking pass is to Tre’Quan Smith.
- No running back in the game finishes with over 50 yards on the ground.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?