Welcome back to a new series piece for 2019. Before each game, I’ll point out the five questions I have for the team that I’ll be looking out for in the upcoming game.
In Week 16, the New Orleans Saints are playing the suddenly-resurgent Tennessee Titans on the road in Nashville. Here are the biggest questions I have for the team:
- Do we see the newbies? The Saints added S DJ Swearinger, CB Janoris Jenkins, and DE Noah this past week. Do any make their debut?
- Can the Saints continue their streak? The Saints defense has seemingly gone forever without allowing a player to rush for over 100 yards against them. Derrick Henry will be a huge test, and the defensive line will be without Sheldon Rankins and Marcus Davenport. Can the streak live on?
- Will the secondary hold up? Ryan Tannehill might have a lot of time in the pocket if the Saints pass rush can’t get to the quarterback. That means it will be up to Marshon Lattimore and the secondary to keep AJ Brown and the big plays of the Titans to a minimum.
- Do injured players return? The defense got a boost last week with the return of AJ Klein. Could Kiko Alonso follow this week? What about Andrus Peat? The latter could be huge if Larry Warford is forced to miss time.
- Can the Saints stay focused? The Saints need to win out to have any chance of getting a first round bye in the playoffs. Instead of worrying about everyone else, can Sean Payton keep his guys grounded and focused on the single task ahead: just winning the game.
So those are the things I’m looking at in the game. What about you? What are you looking at specifically in this game? Something different? Tell me in the comments. Send me presents.