It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 16 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a meeting in the Music City against the AFC’s Tennessee Titans.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Henry Held - Derrick Henry is held to under 80 yards of offense. (Chad)
- One Better - Latavius Murray out-rushes Henry. (Wallace)
- Can’t Guard Mike - Michael Thomas breaks the receiving record this game. (Chad)
- Too bold? - Janoris Jenkins registers his first pick as a Saints. (Deuce)
- Who? - Ted Ginn Jr. scores twice. (Butler)
- Who? Pt. 2 - Eli Apple gets an interception. (Brenden)
- Bounce Back - Alvin Kamara has over 200 yards of offense. (Chad)
- Can’t Guard Mike Pt. 2 - Michael Thomas has 12 catches for 185 yards and a touchdown. (Bob)
- Saints Offense Impresses - Saints put up a 40 burger against the Titans. (Chad)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Jared Cook leads the Saints in receiving yards but not receptions.
- Latavius Murray leads the team in rushing yards but not rushing attempts.
- Deonte Harris scores two touchdowns.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?