The depth of the Saints have been tested in recent weeks with injuries beginning to pile up. Here’s a look at how the team has been mitigating these losses and other notes.
- Larry Warford and Andrus Peat were both dealing with injuries that prevented them from playing against the Titans. In their place, backups Will Clapp and Nick Easton filled in for the the whole game.
- For the second week in a row Josh Hill saw more snaps on offense than Jared Cook.
- Tre’Quan Smith continues to see the field more than Ted Ginn Jr., showing that the staff is feeling more confident in the second year receiver.
- As been the case for most of the season, Alvin Kamara out-snapped Murray, 44 to 25 snaps respectively.
- Eli Apple going down with an injury after only 11 snaps allowed Patrick Robinson to see the most action he has all season with 48 total, good for 77% of all defensive snaps.
- Newly acquired cornerback Janoris Jenkins also was forced into action when P.J. Williams moved to safety after Marcus Williams was injured.
- Manti Te’o got the nod over Craig Robertson this week at the linebacker spot. Robertson saw the field for 20 snaps last game compared to Te’o’s 12, but would only have special teams duty this week.
- The defensive line looked a little different this week as well, dealing with injuries of their own. David Onyemata, Trey Hendrickson, and Malcom Brown all saw their snaps increase with Sheldon Rankins and Marcus Davenport being placed on injured reserve.