It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 17 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a meeting in Carolina against the division rival Panthers.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Can’t Guard Mike - Michael Thomas builds on the record and extends his season total receptions to 155. (Brenden)
- Teddy Time - Teddy Bridgewater starts the fourth quarter. (Deuce)
- Big D - Saints defense records two interceptions, returning one back for a touchdown. (Chad)
- Ball Security - Saints don’t turn the ball over all game, setting an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a season. (Don)
- Teddy Two TDs - Teddy Bridgewater throws for two touchdowns. (Conner)
- Too Bold? - Alvin Kamara throws a TD pass. (Hans)
- Who? - Ted Ginn Jr. has 100 receiving yards and scores two touchdowns. (Wallace)
- Too Bold? Pt. 2 - Drew Brees catches a TD pass. (Hans)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Tre’Quan Smith leads the Saints in targets and receiving yards.
- Cam Jordan registers three sacks.
- Deonte Harris scores a receiving touchdown.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?