If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Saints and the community we’ve built here at Canal Street Chronicles. John Hendrix has done an excellent job as site manager, and he is moving on to a new opportunity. That makes this the perfect time for you to join our team and cover the Saints with us.
Canal Street Chronicles is looking for its next site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a remote, part-time, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover New Orleans Saints storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community according to SB Nation’s community guidelines.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Saints and is already familiar with the voice and style of Canal Street Chronicles.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join the team at Canal Street Chronicles, and a football-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via the Vox Media Careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, please contact Jeanna Thomas, Associate Director, NFL Team Brands at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canal Street Chronicles and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Saints from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to flourish in this role, we encourage you to apply.