This one hurts, guys. There’s no other way to say it.
Others are reporting the “mystery buyer” is none other than billionaire Shark Tank investor - and avid sports fan - Mark Cuban. No word yet if the franchise will be renamed with a move to Texas (San Antonio?) announced already for the start of the 2020 season.
There are still a lot of questions left to be answered:
- Is the sale confirmed?
- Is the move guaranteed?
- Will this present a distraction for the team in 2019?
- Will the team will be called the “Saints” moving forward?
- Is a sale of the Pelicans next?
- What sparked the decision?
- Will will this mean for the city of New Orleans?
and most importantly:
- Why do you keep reading articles that come out on April Fool’s Day?