It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 2 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a rematch from the 2018 NFC Championship Game against the Los Angeles Rams.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Kamara’s Big Game - Alvin Kamara finishes with 100 rushing yards and 100 receiving yards. (Bob)
- T-Rex Wrecks - Trey Hendrickson gets two more sacks. (Conner)
- Demario’s Game - Demario Davis finishes with a sack, interception, and fumble recovery. (Bob)
- Revenge - Drew Brees throws for two touchdowns over Nickell Robey-Coleman. (Brenden)
- Re-Wind - Sean Payton dials up the identical play to the no-call, this time to Deonte Harris and it goes for a touchdown. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Michael Thomas finishes with over 150 receiving yards.
- Jared Cook scores his first touchdown as a Saint.
- Todd Gurley scores two touchdowns but rushes for under 75 yards.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?