Welcome back to a new series piece for 2019. Before each game, I’ll point out the five questions I have for the team that I’ll be looking out for in the upcoming game.
- What happens if the Cowboys defense shuts down Alvin Kamara? It was Alvin Kamara that largely carried the Saints to a victory in Seattle last week. If the Cowboys focus on shutting him down, can the rest of the offense step up?
- Are we ready for Sheldon Rankins? The interior of the defensive line has improved each week, but it could be ready for another big boost if Sheldon Rankins makes his season debut. Against a running back like Ezekiel Elliott, the Saints will need all the help they can get.
- Will the play of the secondary step up? Assuming Ezekiel Elliott can at least be somewhat contained, it will fall on the secondary to make sure players like Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, and the rest of the Cowboys receivers don’t have big games.
- How will Teddy Bridgewater respond at home? We’ve seen Teddy make his first start of 2019 on the road, but how will playing in front of the home crowd affect his performance? Will he get nervous or rise to the occasion?
- Drew Brees has to be the one to lead the Who Dat chat before the game, right? It just seems like such an easy call.
So those are the things I’m looking at in the game. What about you? What are you looking at specifically in this game? Something different? Tell me in the comments. Send me presents.