It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 1 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a the first Monday Night Football game of the year, hosting the Houston Texans. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Vonn’s Big Game - Vonn Bell records a pick-six. (Bob)
- Stellar Debut - Deonte Harris has a rushing and return touchdown. (Conner)
- Comeback - Saints are down a touchdown at half but go on to win by double-digits. (Kade)
- Lattimore Island - Saints defense holds DeAndre Hopkins to under 40 receiving yards. (Don)
- Sack City - Saints defense records 6 sacks. (Bob)
- Hot Start - Jared Cook finishes the game with a touchdown and more receiving yards than Michael Thomas. (Conner)
- Sophomore Leap - Marcus Davenport records 2.5 sacks. (Brenden)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Alvin Kamara individually doubles up the entire Houston rushing attack.
- Kenny Stills scores a touchdown.
- There are zero sacks in the entire game.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?