It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the wild card round this postseason: a rematch of the Minnesota Miracle, this time in New Orleans with the Saints hosting the Minnesota Vikings.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Sack City - Saints defense sacks Kirk Cousins six times. (Bob)
- Teddy Time - Teddy Bridgewater enters the game at quarterback. (Deuce)
- Big D - Saints defense records two interceptions. (Brenden)
- What’s conditional? - Alvin Kamara has over 180 total yards and two scores. (Bob)
- Dalvin who? - Dalvin Cook doesn’t have 100 yards from scrimmage, much less 100 rushing yards. (Chad)
- Who’s your daddy? - Cam Jordan sacks Cousins three times. (Conner)
- Let’s get crazy - Alvin Kamara throws a touchdown pass to Taysom Hill. (Adam)
- Big D pt 2 - Saints defense returns an interception for a touchdown. (Chad)
- Mobile QB - Drew Brees scores two rushing touchdowns. (Hans)
- Jackrabbit - Janoris Jenkins gets an interception. (Xavier)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Michael Thomas has over 200 receiving yards.
- Cam Jordan bats down two passes.
- Kirk Cousins is intercepted when targeting Stefon Diggs.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?