The 2019 season is over, but the questions are just getting started. If anything, there are more questions now that the season is over than there were when the season was still going.
So what are the biggest questions now that the season is officially over and the offseason is here? I’m not sure what your biggest questions are, but here are mine.
- What happens with Drew Brees? The Saints biggest question this offseason with what the future holds for the future Hall of Famer. His is likely the first domino that needs to fall before decisions can be made with the rest of the roster.
- What about the other quarterbacks? Drew isn’t the one Saints quarterback who’s an impending free agent. Both Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill could leave to sign with other teams. If or when a decision comes out on Drew’s 2020 future, what will that mean for the Saints other two signal-callers?
- Who else gets poached? The Saints have already lost linebackers coach Mike Nolan to Dallas as the Defensive Coordinator. Who else on the coaching staff could be off for bigger jobs? And who fills in for as a replacement?
- Who are the cap casualties? As it currently stands, the Saints only have $14 million in cap space for the 2020 season. We all know the cap is but a myth to Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis, but that’s usually because of thrifty salary restructures and cuts. Who is a cap casualty this offseason?
- Can we afford extensions? There are several Saints players that should be due for a hefty pay increase sooner rather than later. Alvin Kamara, Marshon Lattimore, and Ryan Ramczyk all come to mind. Could any get extensions? Would any hold out in hopes of a new contract?
So those are the things I’m looking as we start this offseason. What about you? What are you anxiously waiting for? Something different? Tell me in the comments. Send me presents.