With the 2020 NFL season now entering Week 11, we’re continuing our new weekly bit where some of the staff here at Canal Street Chronicles tries to pick winners and losers for every NFL game each week.
In Week 10, including a Deshaun Watson-to-DeAndre Hopkins “Hail Mary” that resulted in a last-second win for the Arizona Cardinals over the Buffalo Bills, and a mediocre showing by Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks against the Los Angeles Rams, leaving the NFC West in a giant state of flux.
In the NFC South, the New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were both expected by the CSC staff to take care of business, as the Saints beat the San Francisco 49ers and the Buccaneers put a whooping on the Carolina Panthers. The Atlanta Falcons were off last week, but return this week to face the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome, and the CSC staff overwhelmingly believes in Jameis Winston’s ability to fill in for the injured Drew Brees and beat the rival Falcons.
Here are our live-updating picks:
We have another guest this week joining us to make selections, and considering the nature of the Saints-Falcons rivalry, who better than a Hall of Famer who has played for both teams? Canton’s own Morten Andersen joins us this week to make picks, and here is who he sees winning this week:
Yep, you read that right.
The Hall of Famer Morten Andersen, who ended his career with the Atlanta Falcons, thinks the team that drafted him, the New Orleans Saints, will wind up “eating the W.”
Here’s how past guests have done:
- Former Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux, Week 1: 12-4 (.750)
- Former Saints General Manager Randy Mueller, Week 2: 13-3 (.813)
- True Blood actress Kristin Bauer, Week 3: 7-8-1 (.467)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Duncan, Week 4: 8-7-1 (.500)
- Former WWE superstar “Kelly Kelly,” Week 5: 9-5-1 (.643)
- SB Nation’s Jeanna Kelley, Week 6: 7-7 (.500)
- Former CSC Managing Editor Dave Cariello, Week 7: 9-5 (.643)
- ESPN Radio’s T-Bob Hebert, Week 8: 7-7 (.500)
- Sports Illustrated John Hendrix, Week 9: 10-4 (.714)
- Former Saints linebacker Nate Stupar, Week 10: 6-8 (.429)
Check back next week as we continue our weekly selections. Special shoutout to Morten Andersen for joining us this week. Make sure you check out his new weekly podcast, “Great Dane Nation.” The podcast is available anywhere you go to listen to podcasts or directly on VegasInsider.com. You can also find them on Twitter @GreatDaneNation and Instagram @GreatDaneNationVI.
Also, thanks to Tallysight for helping keep track with all of our picks each week and offering this super awesome graphic.
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.