With the 2020 NFL season now entering Week 14, we’re continuing our new weekly bit where some of the staff here at Canal Street Chronicles tries to pick winners and losers for every NFL game each week.
In Week 13, it was generally a good week for the New Orleans Saints. The 1st place Saints were able to clinch a playoff berth in the 2020 postseason by sweeping the division rival Atlanta Falcons coupled with the Chicago Bears falling to the Detroit Lions. The win by the Saints also increased the division lead, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Carolina Panthers each had their bye.
This week, the Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are back in action, hosting the Broncos and Vikings respectively. In the fight for the number one seed in the NFC, the Green Bay Packers travel to the Motor City to face the Detroit Lions, while our New Orleans Saints host the Philadelphia Eagles in a game our staff thinks the Saints should be able to handle.
Here are our live-updating picks:
We have another guest this week joining us to make selections, and this week, and this week it’s Bubba from the “Big D and Bubba” morning radio show, an avid New Orleans Saints fan.
Here are Bubba’s picks this week:
Patriots, Titans, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Panthers, Texans, Cardinals, Cowboys, Colts, Seahawks, Packers, Falcons, Washington, Saints, Bills, and Ravens
In making his picks, Bubba added, “You don’t know how much it pains me to pick the other NFC South teams to win their games too...”
Same, Bubba. Same.
Here’s how past guests have done:
- Former Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux, Week 1: 12-4 (.750)
- Former Saints General Manager Randy Mueller, Week 2: 13-3 (.813)
- True Blood actress Kristin Bauer, Week 3: 7-8-1 (.467)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Duncan, Week 4: 8-7-1 (.500)
- Former WWE superstar “Kelly Kelly,” Week 5: 9-5-1 (.643)
- SB Nation’s Jeanna Kelley, Week 6: 7-7 (.500)
- Former CSC Managing Editor Dave Cariello, Week 7: 9-5 (.643)
- Former LSU offensive lineman T-Bob Hebert, Week 8: 7-7 (.500)
- Sports Illustrated John Hendrix, Week 9: 10-4 (.714)
- Former Saints linebacker Nate Stupar, Week 10: 6-8 (.429)
- Hall of Famer Morten Andresen, Week 11: 6-8 (.429)
- Bold and the Beautiful’s Windsor Hamilton, Week 12: 11-5 (.688)
- ESPN’s Bomani Jones, Week 13: 9-6 (.600)
Check back next week as we continue our weekly selections.
Special shoutout to Bubba for joining us this week. The Big D & Bubba morning show is heard on approximately 100 radio stations in the USA, as well as a global audience through American Forces Radio in 177 countries. You can follow them on Twitter @bigdandbubba, and you can follow Bubba on Twitter @BubbaRadio.
Also, thanks to Tallysight for helping keep track with all of our picks each week and offering this super awesome graphic.
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.