A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
Atlanta Falcons (via The Falcoholic)
- Jimmy Graham in Atlanta? The former Saints, Seahawks and Packers tight end was released by Green Bay. With Atlanta likely to lose Austin Hooper to free agency, Graham could find himself back in the NFC South, wearing the wrong colors.
- Falcons shut down several operations due to COVID-19: The scary pandemic is impacting the world of sports in unprecedented fashion. The Atlanta Falcons have shut down many offseason operations to try and curb the spread of the disease.
- Will Atlanta keep cornerback Desmond Trufant? The 7th-year cornerback has been a mainstay in Atlanta since 2013. Through seven seasons, he has had some ups and many downs,. Now at age 29 and three more seasons on his contract, the Falcons have a decision to make.
Carolina Panthers (via Cat Scratch Reader)
- The Panthers have a lot of money...dead money! Over the years, Carolina has accumulated an enormous amount of dead money, and they lead the NFL in that category by a wide margin.
- The Kyle Allen Era Continues. The Panthers’ “starting-backup” quarterback just got an extension in Charlotte. The plot thickens, given that Cam Newton should be healthy and will vie for the job when the 2020 season starts in 2021 due to the coronavirus.
- To Sign or Not to Sign. Like all NFL teams, the Panthers have a slew of free agents, some more important than the others. It remains to be seen which of these players they will re-sign.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Bucs Nation)
- Tampa Teddy: The rumors swirling around Teddy Bridgewater signing with the Bucs just keep on swirling.
- Shaquil Barrett Ready to play under Franchise Tag. The 2019 Bucs sack leader has seen his play slow down a bit as of late, but the Buccaneers have no plans to let him go.
- Top-10 of Bucs Quarterback Targets. It is no secret that the Buccaneers are in the market for a quarterback, and that “Crab Leg Jameis” is on his last leg in Tampa. However, apart from Tom Brady and Teddy Bridgewater, what other quarterbacks could find themselves playing for Bruce Arians at the start of next season? Here’s a list for you.
Share your thoughts in the comment section, this is now an open thread!