As the free agency period rages on, the NFC South has seen some incredible additions. Just to name a few: Tom Brady is now a Tampa Bay Buccaneer, while former Saints quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is set to take the reins in Carolina. The Falcons signed Todd Gurley and Dante Fowler Jr., while the Saints brought back Malcolm Jenkins and signed Emmanuel Sanders. Someone please find a cure for COVID-19 already and let the season begin!
Here is a look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- It’s Official, Tom Brady is a Buccaneer: No, you’re not dreaming. TB12, he of the six Super Bowl rings, is going to play in the NFC South. Needless to say that they are excited in Tampa. It remains to be seen however, if the Tom Brady the Buccaneers are getting is the Tom Brady they think they are getting. Know what I’m saying?
- Patriots fans have mixed feelings: With Brady announcing his departure for Tampa Bay, Patriots fans reacted strongly. Some thankful, others not so classy.
- Will Brady fit in Tampa? Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians is said to be willing to adapt his offense to Brady’s strengths.
- Teddy Two Gloves is now a Panther: An intriguing look at Cat Scratch Reader’s reaction to the signing of the former Saints backup quarterback.
- Panthers fans are angry: A sizable section of Panthers fans do not love the way the organization handled soon-to-be former starting quarterback Cam Newton.
- R is for Rebuilding: It has become increasingly clear that the Carolina Panthers are in rebuilding mode. And the fans aren’t exactly thrilled about it.
- So long, Kid: Former Saints wide receiver Keith Kirkwood has signed with the Panthers. The once-promising wideout never fully reached his potential in NOLA.
Atlanta Falcons (via The Falcoholic)
- Todd Gurley is a Falcon: The three-time Pro Bowler and former Los Angeles Ram is now in Atlanta. Like the Bucs with Brady, the Falcons might not be getting the Todd Gurley from a couple of years ago. However, at only 25, Gurley could still rediscover the power that made him one of the most potent running backs in the NFL.
- Boom or Bust? Dave Choate discusses why Todd Gurley could be a great fit for Atlanta. Or how it could simply be confirmed to the NFL world that his tank is empty. As Saints fans, we will certainly be hoping that it is the latter.
- Fowler Jr., makes the Falcons better: One free agency transaction that should legitimately make the rest of the NFC South sweat is pass-rushing specialist Dante Fowler Jr. signing with Atlanta.
At this stage of free agency, which team is now the favorite to win the NFC South next season?
This poll is closed
Who Dat baby, we still dat!
Oh it’s the Buccaneers now, no doubt!
The Falcons are putting it together, they can win it
The Panth...bwahahaha, no chance!
The Double Whopper with bacon is always a winner!