Here is a look at the top stories on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- O.J. Howard on the trading block? Reports have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers shopping the disappointing tight end around. The former 2017 first round pick never quite developed the way the Bucs hoped he would when he was selected with the 19th overall pick three years ago.
- Jake Fromm could be Tom Brady’s backup. With Jameis Winston gone from Tampa and Tom Brady fairly long in the tooth, the Bucs could decide to draft a young quarterback, and groom him as the heir apparent. Enter former Georgia Bulldog signal-caller Jake Fromm.
- Former Ute Zack Moss a target for Tampa. It is draft season, and the best way for the Buccaneers to make Tom Brady last longer at the helm of their offense is to give him the type of efficient running game he had in New England. Former Utah running back Zack Moss could help with just that.
- Will there be an NFL season in 2020? Good work by the Falcoholic staff, who talked to two epidemiologists about the likelihood that there will be an NFL season in 2020. Hint: it doesn’t look awesome, but there’s hope.
- Falcons moving up in the draft? Atlanta has been among teams rumored to be willing to trade up in the draft. This is an aggressive stance by the Falcons, who are in the hunt for defensive help. Reports have the Dirty Birds targeting defensive tackle prospect Javon Kinlaw out of South Carolina. Clearly, the Saints’ bitter rivals are trying hard to rebound from the mediocrity of the last two seasons.
- Atlanta’s depth at defensive tackle is tenuous. One reason the Falcons might be willing to move up in the draft to grab DT Javon Kinlaw is the fact that their depth at the position leaves a lot to be desired. Take a look!
- That small, really good running back in Charlotte? Yeah, he ain’t going nowhere. Christian McCaffrey agreed to a 4-year, $64 million extension with the Panthers earlier this week. Aaargh! The extension also makes McCaffrey the highest-paid running back in NFL history. And honestly, for the workload he carries on the Panthers, I think he deserves it.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: the best running back in the draft? Although the Panthers just paid Christian McCaffrey, they will need a capable (and cheap) backup option to make sure they don’t runtheir prize running back into the ground before halfway through the season. Billy Marshall of CSR rates his top-10 running back prospects of the 2020 NFL draft, and a former LSU Tiger sits atop the list. This is a bit of a controversial take, but Edwards-Helaire has shown a versatility unlike any other running back in this class. My prediction is that he will go much higher in the draft than most pundits anticipate.
- Tompa Bay? Tampa Brady? Really? The new Buccaneers starting quarterback is quickly trademarking all kinds of cheesy monikers in Tampa, and the Carolina faithfuls are not impressed. Neither are we.