It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 13 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: a return to the Dome for the first time since the devastation of Hurricane Katrina to face the division rival Atlanta Falcons.
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- A new franchise quarterback? - Drew Brees throws for under 200 yards but has a rushing touchdown. (Kade, age 12)
- Mike who? - Michael Vick fumbles on the first drive of the game for the Falcons. (Brenden, age 6)
- Wait, who’s that? - Rookie WR Marques Colston has the most receiving yards for any receiver in the game. (Wallace, age 29)
- Dome Patrol returns - Saints defense holds the NFL’s leading rusher, Warrick Dunn, to under 50 rushing yards. (Andrew, age 8)
- Reggie! - Reggie Bush scores a rushing and receiving touchdown. (Don, age 13)
- Big D - Saints defense gets three takeaways. (JR, age 29)
- Zeros - Falcons score early but then fail to reach the end zone the rest of the game. (Chad, age 48)
- Sack City - Saints defense sacks Vick six times. (Ross, age 16)
- Emotions get the best of them - Saints come up short in Week 3 and lose to the Falcons. (John, age 32)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game (age 17):
- Reggie Bush gets his first touchdown on the year.
- Morten Andersen has a field goal blocked.
- The Saints’ first score in their return to the dome is a defensive score.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?