You thought we were stopping after the first round?
Here’s how round two played out so far:
33. Cleveland Browns - SS John Johnson
34. San Francisco 49ers - WR Curtis Samuel
35. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Chidobe Awuzie
36. Chicago Bears - DE Derek Barnett
37. Los Angeles Rams - LB Zach Cunningham
38. Los Angeles Chargers - DT Larry Ogunjobi
39. New York Jets - G Marcus Maye
40. Carolina Panthers - RB Joe Mixon
41. Cincinnati Bengals - LB Jayon Brown
Derek Barnett was someone I was going to keep an eye out for if he fell to 42, but I’m not going to lie: I had my mind set up on who I wanted to take with this pick back when the idea of a re-draft of the 2017 NFL Draft was proposed.
With the 42nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the New Orlean Saints select Taysom Hill.
Hill was originally an undrafted free agent signed by the Green Bay Packers after the 2017 draft, and the Saints eventually snagged Hill off waivers from the Packers on September 3, 2017. After getting promoted to the active roster in December, Taysom, Sean Payton, and the Saints offense haven’t looked back.
In the off chance another team grabbed Taysom before me, other players I was keeping my eye on in addition to Barnett were running backs Tarik Cohen and Austin Ekeler, but I think the 42nd pick is a perfectly fine spot to grab the “bigger Lamar Jackson,” don’t you?
Do you agree with the selection of Taysom Hill here? Who would you have picked in the 2017 re-draft? Let us know in the comments. Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel. As always, you can follow me on Twitter @ChrisDunnells.