A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- In just over a week, the Tampa Bay Bucs will play the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV. We would’ve loved for that to be the Saints, but let’s face it: Tampa Bay won three road games en route to the Super Bowl, and they deserve to play in that game.
- Make Mahomes uncomfortable. Bucs cornerback Sean Murphy-Bunting talks about the way Tampa Bay can upset favored Kansas City in Super Bowl LV. To do that, they would have to make defending Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes feel the pressure.
- No retirement for Bruce Arians after Super Bowl LV. Win or lose, the Buccaneers’ head coach has already announced that he will be back on the sidelines in Tampa Bay after the Super Bowl. The Arians-Payton budding rivalry will live on in the NFC South for at least one more season.
- Could it be time for the Falcons to draft Matt Ryan’s replacement? This Falcoholic writer thinks so. Ryan turns 36 in May, Cam Newton left the division last season and with Drew Brees likely retiring this offseason, the NFC South quarterback room could soon look very different from what we’re used to.
- Arthur Smith talks Matt Ryan up. While it may just be lip service, the Falcons’ new head coach praised Matt Ryan’s great decision-making. Given Ryan’s recent propensity to throw interceptions, one wonders if Smith’s nose grew a few inches as he was talking.
- Early extension for Calvin Ridley? The Falcons have until May to decide whether to extend the talented wide receiver early or give him a 5th year option. With Julio Jones getting long in the tooth, Atlanta might want to lock-up Ridley into a long-term deal without delay.
- Matthew Stafford or Deshaun Watson: who would you prefer? The Carolina Panthers just signed Teddy Bridgewater last offseason, but despite that, they are already eyeing a possible replacement for the former Saints quarterback.
- Panthers own the 8th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Will they select a quarterback or should they trade back?