A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- J.J. Watt is now in the NFC. David Harrison explores how the arrival of the former Houston Texans defensive end in the NFC would impact the NFC defending champions Tampa Bay Bucs.
- Marlon Mack to the Bucs? During the postseason, the Bucs seemed at times to slowly fade Ronald Jones out in favor of Leonard Fournette. Should Jones completely fall out of favor in Tampa, could the Bucs bring in a prized free agent running back to spell Fournette next season?
- Tom Brady was asked a big, life-changing question after Super Bowl LV. Can you guess what it was and who asked it?
- Unlocking the scoring potential of their wide receivers key of Falcons. It is no secret that Atlanta possesses two of the most gifted wide receivers in the NFL in Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. They also have the always reliable Russell Gage. Making sure these three guys mesh beautifully with Matt Ryan or [insert highly-drafted rookie quarterback name] is going to be key for next season.
- A brief history of first round offensive tackles. The Falcons could go for the best player available in the upcoming NFL draft and select Penei Sewell in the first round. The former Oregon Duck is widely considered the best offensive lineman in the upcoming NFL draft. This interesting piece details all first round offensive tackles taken since 2014. On that list, you’ll find two New Orleans Saints: Andrus Peat(2015) and Ryan Ramczyk (2017), both of whom are still regular starters for the Saints.
- Five realistic free agents the Falcons could sign. At this time of the year, everybody dreams that their team will sign the biggest available free agent on the market. Here are five players that the Falcons could actually sign this offseason.
- Justin Fields a Carolina Panther? In his latest mock draft, ESPN’s Todd McShay has the Carolina Panthers making a bold move: moving up via trade to select top quarterback Justin Fields out of Ohio State. The NFC South is not getting easier anytime soon, friends.
- Franchise tag likely for key offensive tackle. While they are in the market for a quarterback, the Carolina Panthers want to ensure that he is protected. Part of that effort is likely going to be placing the franchise tag on Taylor Moton.
- A salute to Greg Olsen. The tight end gave Saints fans a lot of heartburn while wearing the Carolina Panthers black and blue. He is now set to don those colors one last time and retire as a Panther.
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.