A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- Antonio Brown: Will he or won’t he? The dance between the wide receiver and Tampa Bay is becoming comical. Brown remains unsigned, despite the Bucs reportedly making a host of offers. Yet, the mercurial wideout seems to indicate that he wants to remain in Tampa. Holding out for more money? Likely.
- Mock draft: Bucs to strengthen offensive line, linebacking corps. The Bucs won the Super Bowl in February in a very un-2021 fashion: running the ball and playing great defense. It is no surprise then that ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay sees them going O-line and linebacker in the first two rounds of the draft. Maybe this ridiculous “no risk it, no biscuit” approach that Bruce Arians preached early in the 2020-21 season is shelved for good now. Unfortunately for us Saints fans.
- Tom Brady says he is motivated by people who doubt him. And the sky is generally blue, the sun looks yellow, water is wet, etc. This man will retire at 55, mark my words. Actually, maybe he will never retire. Lawd have mercy!
- Draft Rumor: Terry Fontenot wants to draft a QB. It must be a difficult time for Saints’ longtime rival Matt Ryan. The Falcons have been flirting with the idea of drafting a young quarterback, and with Ryan not getting any younger, it seems the end might be nearer than we think in Atlanta for number 2.
- Is there a wrong answer for the Falcons in the first round? Very interesting reflection. With Atlanta having such a high draft pick (4th overall), making a mistake with their selection could be devastating for the future of the Falcons. But what would a mistake be?
- More rumors: The Washington Football Team is looking for a quarterback and the Dan Snyder-led organization is rumored to be looking at the Falcons’ number 4-overall selection for a trade-up. However, moving from 19th overall to 4th would force the WFT to pay a king’s ransom. Would the Falcons trade back and take the picks?
- Welcome to the NFC South Sam Darnold. The newest quarterback on Cam Jordan, Marcus Davenport, Tanoh Kpassagnon and Demario Davis’ sack list? Sam Darnold, whom the Panthers acquired from the Jets for three high draft picks. This division never sleeps!
- Teddy-Two-Gloves on the move again...soon. The former Saints quarterback has been given permission to seek a trade by the Panthers. It’s hard not to feel a bit sad for Bridgewater, who thought he had landed himself a long-term starting gig when he signed with Carolina last offseason. But as the cliché goes, the NFL stands for Not For Long.
- Wait...what? Another quarterback? An interesting piece making the case for the Panthers to still select a quarterback with the 8th overall pick, despite trading for Sam Darnold. Crazy or visionary?
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.