A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- Bucs sign free agent Giovani Bernard. Because, of course the Bucs signed a highly-rated free agent. They will be signing all of them and win the next 10 Super Bowls with Brady. And sadly, I am not sure whether I am kidding or not.
- Julian Edelman to the Bucs? Would you be shocked? The now former New England Patriot just decided to retire, but of course, Tom Brady was able to pull Gronk out of retirement. Now Brady could lure is former slot receiver to the Bucs as well. Have a drink if you’re feeling a bit sick in your stomach.
- How does Bernard fit with the Bucs? The Bucs have re-signed Leonard Fournette, and still have Ronald Jones III. So how does Giovani Bernard fit in Tampa’s offense? Brady knows how.
- Should the Falcons go all-in on Matt Ryan? If they don’t pick a QB with the 4th overall selection, Cody Woodroof contends that the Falcons should put all their eggs in “Number 2” basket and try to make another run at it.
- Falcons sign Cordarrelle Patterson. a team with Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage does not really need another wide receiver, but the Falcons likely see Patterson as their primary kick returner next season.
- Falcons release Ito Smith. Ina bit of a surprise move, the Falcons released their dynamic and diminutive running back. Smith was drafted by the team in 2018 out of Southern Miss and lasted only three seasons in Atlanta.
- Prove-it year for Darnold in Carolina? The Panthers haven’t yet picked Sam Darnold’s fifth-year option. Could the team let their prize offseason acquisition play with only one-year to convince them he is the guy?
- In his latest 2-round mock draft, Mel Kiper provides Sam Darnold with some receiving help. DeVonta Smith in Carolina? Close your eyes and imagine P.J. Willams lined up against Smith in the slot. Or better yet, do not close your eyes and try not to imagine that.
- Panthers to begin offseason training on Monday. While several NFL teams players have declared that they will skip or delay offseason workouts due to defective COVID-19 safety protocols, the Panthers are slated to start next week.
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.