A weekly look at the top stories being discussed on the other three NFC South blogs on SB Nation.
- Jaelan Phillips, edge rusher, University of Miami. With the 32nd pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Bucs go for a pass rusher to pair with Shaq Barrett.
- Antonio Brown’s time with the Bucs may already be over. It barely registers that wide receiver Antonio Brown played with the Bucs last season. The veteran pass catcher was oft-injured and made a minimal impact on Tampa’s Super Bowl-winning squad.
- Bucs will pick up Vita Vea’s fifth-year option. The mammoth defensive tackle made an instant impact when he came back in Tampa’s lineup off of his leg injury.
- In case you missed it, there will 17 games in the 2021-2022 NFL regular season. Because you know, the NFL is really concerned about players safety and all that jazz.
- Kyle Pitts is making teams salivate, the Falcons included. The incredible tight end out of Florida is drawing a lot of interest at the top of the draft and Atlanta is among them.
- Could Falcons trade down from the fourth overall selection in the upcoming draft? This Falcoholic mock draft has Atlanta trading down with the Patriots.
- Former Bama quarterback to the Panthers? It’s mock draft season, and for the Carolina Panthers, quarterback seems to be the popular pick. Lance Zierlein thinks that after Cam Newton, the Panthers are going back to the SEC for their signal caller.
- Panthers should not trade up in the draft. This CSR writer does not think that Carolina should not get into the frenzied quarterback race at the top of the draft.
- Todd McShay begs to differ. In his latest mock draft, the ESPN draft guru predicts that the Panthers will do just that and move up from their 8th overall spot to select a quarterback.
Make sure you follow Canal Street Chronicles on Twitter at @SaintsCSC, on Instagram @SaintsCSC, “Like” us on Facebook at Canal Street Chronicles, and make sure you’re subscribed to our new YouTube channel.